FAther's Day Vegan Brunch- Sunday June 20 for ONLY $14.95

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010

      FAther's Day Vegan Brunch- Sunday June 20 for ONLY $14.95

      12:30 to 3:30pm

      It’s also their Grand Re Opening Party

      This is eat all you want buffet..  Organic local produce used whenever possible..

      The owners will send out a menu soon.

      This is almost at cost event, they want everyone to come out to try out their food.

      RSVP for the dinner by telephone and by email.

      http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/display.htm?id=912

      I don’t know which emails she wants people to RSVP but I’ll update everyone next week.

      There will also be some raw dishes.  I don’t know what they are, but I don’t think it will be that many.  I know that usually serve a raw apple pie.

      There will be a section for veggie folks to meet.   There will be Supreme Master folks, vegan children and families.

      Hope to see everyone there.  I will be there late cause I’ll be munching my vegan tacos for volunteering at Sunday Streets in SF.  I don’t have a father, but come join us, with or without a father.  I’ll be sitting with the veggie socializing area.

      ==

      Note:

      Unfortunately, when New World Vegetarian, lost their lease in Oakland , they also lost many of their loyal customers.  Their current location in Pt Richmond is harder to find.   With less veggie folks around..

      signature:

      see you at:

      http://sundaystreetssf.com/

      June 20, July 11, Aug 22, Sept 19, Oct 24

      I'll be doing all 9 of them in the city

    • detodosmoles
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
        Too bad the food's not that good. Tried it both in Oakland and Richmond--disappointed both times.

        --- In SFVeg@yahoogroups.com, "sunny outdoors" <sunny_outdoors@...> wrote:

        > FAther's Day Vegan Brunch- Sunday June 20 for ONLY $14.95
        >
        > 12:30 to 3:30pm
        >

        > It's also their Grand Re Opening Party
        >

        > This is eat all you want buffet.. Organic local produce used whenever
        > possible..
        >

        > The owners will send out a menu soon.
        >

        > This is almost at cost event, they want everyone to come out to try out
        > their food.
        >

        > RSVP for the dinner by telephone and by email.
        >

        > http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/display.htm?id=912
        >

        > I don't know which emails she wants people to RSVP but I'll update everyone
        > next week.
        >

        > There will also be some raw dishes. I don't know what they are, but I don't
        > think it will be that many. I know that usually serve a raw apple pie.
        >

        > There will be a section for veggie folks to meet. There will be Supreme
        > Master folks, vegan children and families.
        >

        > Hope to see everyone there. I will be there late cause I'll be munching my
        > vegan tacos for volunteering at Sunday Streets in SF. I don't have a
        > father, but come join us, with or without a father. I'll be sitting with
        > the veggie socializing area.
        >

        > ==
        >
        > Note:
        >
        > Unfortunately, when New World Vegetarian, lost their lease in Oakland, they
        > also lost many of their loyal customers. Their current location in Pt
        > Richmond is harder to find. With less veggie folks around..
        >

        > signature:
        >
        > see you at:
        >

        > http://sundaystreetssf.com/ <http://www.sundaystreetssf.com>
        >

        > June 20, July 11, Aug 22, Sept 19, Oct 24
        >

        > I'll be doing all 9 of them in the city

      • sunny_outdoors
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2010
          I would stick to Vietnamese entrees with no fake meats. The owners are Vietnamese.

          I've been happy with that.

          I personally like clean, tasty, "hole in the wall" deli type places that don't spend over $20 to $80k on remodeling.

          They have to pass the expense to their customers (ME)

          New World Veg Remodeled 5 years ago, and look what happened, they lost their lease to another restaurant. What a waste of $ and goodwill they put into it.

          I didn't go there often cause I usually don't spend $9 for lunch.

          However, if you order their spring rolls, and their soups, you'll be very satisfied.
          ==

          Because of the variety of the buffet, I'll find at least 2 dishes that I will like.

          If you are planning a father's day brunch anyway, try out this veggie restaurant. Come join my friends and I. We will be "fatherless". (our fathers passed away, otherwise we'll treat our fathers here.)

          Come with or without a father.

          --
          I've learned that every restaurant has GOOD dishes and BAD dishes. I asked the owner, Vannessa what's your most popular dish? I asked 4 times and she kept saying "all are good"

          I think spring rolls ,and the fried rolls you can't go wrong.

          My garlic pasta was good but I told them the portions should be served on a larger plate.

          Half of the dishes are "spicy". Il love spicy dishes but my friend is wimp and can't take any of it.

          So, again, to make it an adventure, I highly recommend swing by Pt Richmond and see this big beautiful restaurant. They are practically giving the food away. (no joke)

          They had a huge following in Oakland so some of their dishes must be good.

          Menu for the brunch buffet coming soon