Demand a Moratorium on PG&E Smart Meters!

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
      from Marti Kheel

      Demand a moratorium on PG&E Smart Meters!

      PG&E Smart Meters are slated for installation on every home and business. These devices will allow PG&E to track and control your gas & electric utility usage.
      Numerous complaints include skyrocketing utility bills, privacy concerns, vulnerability to hacking, interference, and risk of fires.
      These devices will emit millions of new electromagnetic radiation (RF) wireless signals throughout the day and night. This is electrosmog.
      Exposure to electrosmog has been documented to have major biological effects on living tissue. The exponential increase in the use of wireless technologies presents serious public health risks. Children, pregnant women, seniors, those with medical implants and immune compromised are most vulnerable.
      The Bioinitiative Report, www.bioinitative.org, which is recognized by the European Parliament, demonstrates RF health effects: DNA breaks, free radical production, cell stress, premature aging, memory loss, learning impairment, headaches, fatigue, sleep disturbance, reduction in melatonin secretion and cancers.
      TURN, along with State Senator Dean Florez, Santa Cruz Supervisors, Sonoma County Supervisor Efren Carrillo, Cities of Sebastopol, Cotati, Bolinas, Fairfax, Camp Meeker, and the EMF Safety Network are calling for a moratorium
      At this time you cannot opt out.

      CIRCULATE THIS INFORMATION! TELL OTHERS ! TAKE ACTION!

      1. demand an immediate moratorium- send a letter to the CPUC.
      2. post signs on your meters
      3. insist on Smart Meter removal

      4) PG&E Smart Meters will be considered at Berkeley City Council meeting this Tues June 1. Please show up and demand an immediate moratorium on smart meters. The meeting begins at 7pm in the Maudelle Shirek "Old" City Hall on MLK Jr Way between Center/Allston (two blocks from the downtown BART station.)  Public comment is permitted-usually only 1 or 2 minutes each. People sometimes hold up signs at meetings such as "NO 'smart' meters." Learn more: http://emfsafetynetwork.org/?page_id=872

      Marti
      --
      Marti Kheel, Nature Ethics: An Ecofeminist Perspective. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield, 2008.
      To learn more about Nature Ethics, upcoming speaking engagements, and other news, visit my website, www.Martikheel.com

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
        Let's keep this list to animal and food issues? As for the smart meter issue, you'll all wrong. If you do the research, less than .05% of the meters have had a problem, and the only way to truly get people to pay for the energy they use is to be ale to track it by the time of day they are using it! I'm not able to support the action suggested below. People need to start paying and monitoring the energy they use. Remember it's about conservation.

        - chuck