Re: [SFVS] San Francisco location needed for Farm Sanctuary Event

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2010
      Hello Karine,

           I have participated in the Walk for Farm Sanctuary for five years.

           For a number of years, the event started in front of the Ferry Building.  The route was to Pier 39 and back, which was both effective activism (many, many people along the Embaracadero to whom to hand leaflets, and there are many tourists with free time) and pleasant for the vegans (views of the water and Telegraph Hill).

           For the last year or two the route has been to walk to Union Square and back.  This involves walking through an almost deserted and dark Financial District for more than half the walk.  The people in Union Square are on a shopping mission and not particularly interested in vegan activism.  Please do not repeat this route.  I felt I got good exercise and cameraderie with the walk but did little good as a vegan activist following this route.

               Sincerely, Bonnie Knight, San Francisco

      In a message dated 5/19/2010 11:10:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, karinebrighten@... writes:

      Hello,

      I am planning Farm Sanctuary's Walk for Farm Animals again this year, and I need help finding a location in San Francisco.

      (I am looking for a place that does not involve getting permits through the SF Parks and Rec Office)

      Here is more info:

      -Saturday Oct 16th or Sunday Oct 17th
      -150 to 200 people
      -Event will start at around 1pm (the whole event will last 3 hours max - including the walk)
      -Location must be central, close to public transportation, in a populated area so we can take our message to the streets
      -There will be amplified sound for the presentations (about 30 minutes), and some light background music (about 30 minutes)
      -This is a fundraising event so we need to keep costs down as much as possible (please let me know if you are interested in being an event sponsor)

      Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

      Thanks,

      Karine Brighten
      Event Planner
      www.kbrightenevents.com