S.F. farmers market protest Sun. May 30, & new videos

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2010

      Animal Advocates,

      Please join LGBT Compassion and other animal advocates for a peaceful demonstration against animal cruelty on Sunday, May 30 at 9:00 a.m. to appx. 11:00 a.m. at the Heart of the City Farmers Market in San Francisco on Market St. between Hyde and 7th St. next to the Civic Center BART.

      Please watch our new videos of animal cruelty at San Francisco’s Heart of the City farmers market, and consider helping us put an end to this.

      Bagged bird crying out in pain and/or fear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqqj5zmptw

      Customer roughly stuffs escaped bird back into bag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2PkKr0S0LI

      We have recently modified our campaign to include the fact that the market is violating the live poultry sales provisions of its city-issued permit (we haven’t yet been able to get the violations corrected). Details of the violations and a copy of the permit are available here www.lgbtcompassion.org/HOCViolationsPermit.pdf .

      We have also learned that the permit is in the process of being rewritten (with the involvement of Animal Care and Control), and oversight being transferred from the Board of Supervisors to The Real Estate Division, which may allow some opportunities for positive changes.

      Brochures and signs will be provided. A sample of the brochure (which includes vegan outreach) is available online here www.LGBTcompassion.org/livemarkets/brochure-web.pdf

      More information is available at www.LGBTcompassion.org/livemarkets.

      Please RSVP, if possible.

      Thanks,