Special Screening: The Real Dirt on Farmer John, Jan 15

  • kmiles12
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      Sponsored by the San Francisco Vegetarian Society

      Collective Eye and Film Arts Foundation are very pleased to announce a
      special screening, celebration and fundraiser for grassroots outreach
      of the feature documentary THE REAL DIRT ON FARMER JOHN, with
      sponsorship by the San Francisco Vegetarian Society

      Saturday, January 15, 2005
      Brava Theatre Center 2781- 24th Street at York
      (parking available at the SF General Hospital Lot at 23rd St. and San
      Bruno)
      6:30p.m.
      Tickets are $20.
      Buy your tickets in advance!
      To purchase tickets:
      http://www.brava.org

      Please feel free to forward this invitation.

      The epic tale of a maverick Midwestern farmer.
      Castigated as a pariah in his community, Farmer
      John bravely transforms his farm amidst a failing
      economy, vicious rumors, and arson. He succeeds
      in creating a bastion of free __expression and a
      revolutionary form of agriculture in rural America.

      Directed/Produced by Taggart Siegel, Produced by Teri Lang, Edited by
      Greg Snider, Music composed by Mark Orton (Tin Hat Trio), Additional
      Music by Dirty Three.

      "The film evolves into a deeply moving metaphor for the struggles of
      an
      entire generation. His triumphant story is
      essential for all of us city folk who have found ourselves despairing
      for the Earth and what has seemed like our inevitable alienation from
      it."
      - Mark Achbar,director, The Corporation

      "Farmer John is a character of magnitude…a maverick, and a
      philosopher
      of the soil who is ready to reflect in elegant prose on the meaning
      of
      being alive."
      -Michael Rabiger,
      author, Directing the Documentary &
      Directing: Film Techniques and Aesthetics

      "Far more than the story of one beleaguered farmer, it is a riveting
      dramatic allegory about human nature and the nature of our society as
      we
      enter a new troubled century."
      -CR Lawn
      Farm Advocate

      "A combination of humor, pathos, despair and renewed hope is paced in
      documentary framework that keeps your attention."
      -Jim Sluyter
      Growing Together, a Conference for
      Community Supported Agriculture
    • jwebber@valleyoak.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
        On Jan 11 23:53, "kmiles12" <kmiles12@...> wrote:
        > Would you happen to know of a Vegan Pizza place in Oakland? Sorry to just email you, I am just not that computer oriented and not sure how to email the group.

        Thank you.

        --
        June Faison
        Valley Oak Systems