Re: [SFVeg] Vegan BBQ on Food Network - Beautifully Represented - Please Send Thank You!

  • brian wesenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004
      hello,

      i think this is great. i went to the website to look
      at how they described it and i was not thrilled with
      the title of that particular title:

      BBQ with Bobby Flay Episode BQ1B07
      "Crazy Qs"
      Join Bobby Flay as he checks out some of the craziest
      BBQs around! From an Alien BBQ in New Mexico, to a Gas
      Station BBQ in Oklahoma, to a Vegan BBQ in California,
      to a Solar BBQ!

      i have written the food network, requesting more
      vegan/vegetarian shows and/or segments. but maybe we
      can also ask for these future vegetarian segments not
      be lumped into a "crazy ..." show title? i am a
      little offended in this way, though happy to see a
      non-meat option presented on national television.

      not meaning to be discouraging,
      brian

      --- "Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionate Cooks"

      http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sf/text/0,1976,FOOD_17616_21388,00.html.

      > For the animals,
      > Colleen

      > Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      > Founder & Director
      > Compassionate Cooks
      > P.O. Box 18512
      > Oakland, CA 94619
      > 510.531.COOK (2665)
      > colleen@...
      > http://www.compassionatecooks.com
      >
      > Vegetarian Cooking Classes * Nutrition Courses *
      > Supermarket Tours * Vegetarian Workshops *
      > Vegetarian Cooking DVD

      > "The thinking [person] must oppose all cruel customs
      > no matter how deeply rooted in tradition and
      > surrounded by a halo. When we have a choice, we must
      > avoid bringing torment and injury into the life of
      > another." ~Albert Schweitzer
      >
      > "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our
      > nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it
      > can change the destiny of humankind." ~Albert
      > Einstein
      >
      > "Don't do nothing because you can't do everything.
      > Do Something. Anything." ~Sasha
      >
      > Try Veg! http://www.tryveg.com

      > removed]

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Thea Langsam
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004
        Colleen Patrick-Goudreau asked us to write to the Food Network http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sf/text/0,1976,FOOD_17616_21388,00.html
        to let them know that we appreciated the vegan segment on BBQ with Bobby Flay. I did so and also mentioned how charming Colleen is and suggested that they build a show around her. I hope others will write something similar about Colleen because I think the Food Network is all the more likely to start a veg show if we make it clear not only that we want a veg show generally but also that the station has the opportunity to feature a veg chef who will attract viewers with her personality and style as well as her delicious recipes. Just my thought. :)
        Thea