Re: [SFVeg] Digest Number 299

  • Robin Ram
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2004
      Hi Colleen,

      Thanks for the info. I have contacted FoodTV. Please kindly send an email reminder to the group when the show is about to go on air.

      Thanks,

      Robin

      SFVeg@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Vegan BBQ on Food Network - Beautifully Represented - Please Send Thank You!
      From: "Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionate Cooks"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:27:33 -0800
      From: "Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionate Cooks"
      Subject: Vegan BBQ on Food Network - Beautifully Represented - Please Send Thank You!

      Hi everyone,

      We made history last night! The segment we filmed for the Food Network show called "BBQ with Bobby Flay" aired last night and was very flattering. This was their first vegan show/segment ever aired! They depicted us very accuately and respectfully and really celebrated the food we created and shared. They even zoomed in on our bumper sticker (BE KIND TO ANIMALS - DON'T EAT THEM) on our car as we drove away from the grocery store. :)

      They were originally supposed to re-broadcast it on Jan. 8th, but I see that that date is no longer listed. So they NEED to hear from people!!

      PLEASE PLEASE send an email to the producers today thanking them for airing a vegetarian/vegan segment and for portraying us in such a positive light. Encourage them to have a vegetarian show on their network and to pass your email along to Food Network executives who will make this decision. I think it's important to remind them that the audience for a plant-based show is very large - as more people eat vegetables than eat meat! :) Also, ask them to re-broadcast the vegan segment!

      Please write today and drop me a line so I can get an idea of how many people write to them http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sf/text/0,1976,FOOD_17616_21388,00.html.

      For the animals,
      Colleen

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Vegetarian Cooking Classes * Nutrition Courses * Supermarket Tours * Vegetarian Workshops * Vegetarian Cooking DVD

      "The thinking [person] must oppose all cruel customs no matter how deeply rooted in tradition and surrounded by a halo. When we have a choice, we must avoid bringing torment and injury into the life of another." ~Albert Schweitzer

      "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind." ~Albert Einstein

      "Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do Something. Anything." ~Sasha

      Try Veg! http://www.tryveg.com