compassion & kabalah

  • DJ Brook
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      I just came across the following quote, especially appropriate during this week of Passover.
      Peace, Dan

      "Let your compassion extend to all creatures, neither despising nor destroying any of them. For Wisdom spreads over all created things: mineral, vegetable, animal, and human. Each was created in Wisdom. Do not uproot anything that grows, unless it is necessary. Do not kill any living creature, unless it is necessary."

      Daniel C. Matt, The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism, 1995

      On a related note, my Alef-Bet Kabalah is available as an e-book at
      http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1653