My "Un-Turkey" dinner....

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2004
      Was delicious and I wanted to share with everyone...how much I prefer this product over the Tofurkey...(sorry Turtle Island Foods)... It is delicious!!! I made one for Thanksgiving with the skin on and it was OK the "skin" in my opinion is a little too chewy and tasted like eating paper....BUT...
      the follwing Sunday I made another one. I took the "skin" off and threw it away. I bought Vegan Fillo dough (Whole Foods) and wrapped it around the thawed lump, but before I closed it up (sort of like the "Purse" at Herbivore) I poured some of the delicious "giblet gravy" that comes with it all over the stuff and then closed it up. Covered with tin foil. I cooked it a little longer than the directions suggested, removed the tin foil for the last 20 mins or so and basted the Fillo dough as it browned, several times with vegan margarine...
      Oh baby , it was good... even my meat lovers had 2nds!
      Paris

      Paris Harvey
      Bite Back Vegan Society
      925 788 8296 (PST)