Re: [VeggieJews] Yahoo Snooping..open ot "Opt out"

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      Thank you Tim for this excellant tip!!
      I really did take just a minute to opt out!
      Paris
      Tim Campbell <timcall@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I found this on one of the other groups that I am a member of.
      I did opt out it only takes a minute.

      Just an FYI for all of you using any Yahoo groups.

      For your information ...

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track
      Yahoo Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where
      you are going - similar to cookies. Yahoo is recording every website
      and every group you visit.
      Take a look at their updated privacy statement:

      <http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy> http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy

      About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies,
      you will see a link that says web beacons. Click on the phrase
      web beacons.
      That will bring you to a paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo
      Network."
      In this section you'll see a little "click here to opt out"
      link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are exempted.

      Notice the "Success" message on the top of the next page.
      Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out"
      button that,
      if clicked, will *undo** the opt-out.

      Feel free to forward this to other groups.

      see also, http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us

      "G-d said, 'See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food. And to all the animals on land, to all the birds of the sky, and to everything that creeps on earth, in which there is the breath of life, [I give] all the green plants for food.' And it was so. And G-d saw all that He had made, and found it very good." [Genesis, 1:29-31]

      Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians of all ages and spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community. Our non-Jewish friends are always welcome. Please tell a friend about us. We're on the web at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews.

      And remember: It's only kosher if it's cruelty-free.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Paris Harvey
      Bite Back Vegan Society
      925 788 8296 (PST)