Feb-Apr: Free Urban Permaculture talks in Berkeley!

  • carmen_cebs
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2010
      Schedule for FREE Urban Permaculture Courses at Common Circle Education, 2130 Center St., one block from Berkeley BART station!

      Common Circle Education is proud to announce an 8-series course on Urban Permaculture Design, FREE to the public. Come out every Wednesday evening from 7:15 pm to 9 pm, to gain practical, tangible skills to redesign abundance, health, and sustainability into your immediate world. The instructor is Gavin Raders, certified permaculture designer and co-founder of Planting Justice, an Oakland-based nonprofit that uses permaculture and grassroots organizing to help create food and economic justice in Oakland.

      February 17: Maximizing Urban Food Production: Sheet Mulching, Companion Planting, Permaculture Plant Guilds

      February 24: Perennial Abundance: Food Forests, Fruit Trees, Mushrooms and Perennials

      March 3: Water Harvesting and Greywater: Regenerating Soils and Ecosystems with Water

      March 10: Urban Composting and Bioremediation: Compost Teas, Homemade Fertilizers, Plant Extracts, Harvesting Beneficial Micro-Organisms

      March 17: Urban Animal Husbandry: Chickens, Worms, Bees, Rabbits, and Fish

      March 24: Natural Building for a Non-Toxic Home: An Introduction to Earthen Structures, Floors, Plasters, and Ovens

      April 3: Urban Permaculture as a Tool for Community Empowerment and Social Justice: The Story of Planting Justice

      With gratitude,

      Vladislav Davidzon, CEO
      Common Circle Education
      www.commoncircle.com

      P.S. Gavin does a terrific job providing an overview of permaculture, but these FREE Wednesday classes are not a substitute for the full Urban Permaculture Design Certificate program--getting the hands-on practice, meeting working permaculturists in class & field trips in the full program really rounds out our experience.

      Next Weekend Permaculture Design Certificate Course takes place on 12 consecutive Saturdays starting April 10th in Berkeley. Register before March 1st for early registration special at just $495!

      I'm sharing my experiences as a participant in the current Weekend Course, which will be posted as a blog at www.commoncircle.com; the meantime, feel free to contact me at Carmen_cebs@... . Common Circle Education, which has been in business for 5 years, also offers bike tours as a SFVS Discount Program Provider:
      Sustainable Energy in Motion Bike Tour 503-239-8426 (www.portlandpeace.org), $50 discount to SFVS members off any of our tours. Organic & Nature Tours throughout the summer across Oregon. Vegan meals served. Chance to win a free tour by visiting web site.

      Grow & eat plants!
      Carmen
      SFVS Discount Program Coordinator
      http://www.sfvs.org/discounts.php