Feb 27: SFVS Chinese New Year Dining Out at Enjoy Restaurant, 5 p.m.

  • SFVeg-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      Join the San Francisco Vegetarian Society as we celebrate Chinese New Year - the Year of the Tiger - with a fabulous ten-course banquet at Enjoy Vegetarian Restaurant, 839 Kearny St. in Chinatown, on Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010, at 5pm. After dinner, you can step out and watch the Chinese New Year parade, which wraps up right around the door.

      SFVS has done many dining out events at Enjoy Vegetarian at their Sunset district location on Kirkham at 12th Ave. Each time, we have enjoyed their delicious food, reasonable prices, and excellent service. Come and meet old and members, feel free to bring friends and family. Everyone is welcome to celebrate Chinese New Year with us.

      Please send your $20 check made payable to SFVS to our treasurer, J.C. Cadiz, 73 Rondel St., San Francisco, CA 94103 by February 19, 2010.

      Here is our menu:
      Appetizers
      1. Fried spring rolls
      2. Crispy tofu w/salt & chili peppers
      Soup
      3. Veggie shark's fin soup
      Entrees
      4. Taro, gluten puff, pumpkin in coconut sauce
      5. Eggplant with sea bass
      6. Lettuce wrap w/shredded mushroom, veggie chicken, vegetables and pine nuts
      7. Chinese broccoli with ginger and cooked wine
      8. Giant pea sprouts with gingko nuts
      9. Bean curd rolls stuffed with cabbage and mushrooms
      10. Fresh mushrooms with fried soft tofu and vegetables

      The cost of this meal is only $20, which includes brown rice, tea, tax and tip. Enjoy serves vegetables and mock meats, which are made from soy, wheat gluten, and yam. They use no garlic, onions, or msg.

      See you there!

      Take care,
      Janet
    • Norman Vortigy Taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
        Please remove me from your mailing list. I am moving out of the Bay Area. Thanks. Norman Vortigy