March 13: Mt. Diablo hike and food sampling dining out at Planet Raw (Juliano's)

  • jcadiz2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2010
      SF LiFE is sponsoring a Mt. Diablo hike and restaurant outing to Planet Raw, a new restaurant in Pleasant Hill (Contra Costa County) on Saturday, March 13.

      Planet Raw is offering us a special deal ...for $30 you can have a sampling of everything on the menu. (Check out their menu...yum!!!) The restaurant is small and seating is limited so send in your checks ASAP (first-come-first-serve)...There will be No refunds as the restaurant must pre-purchase the food for this event. We need to receive your check no later than Tuesday, March 9 as we need to give the restaurant the final count on Wednesday, March 10.
      Make checks payable to Planet Raw

      Send checks to Dorleen Tong
      662-29th Ave. SF, CA 94121

      *If you do not want the $30 sample-all-of-the-menu option you can also order items off the menu. However, carpool and restaurant seating priority will be given to those who choose the $30 sample-all option as they have sent in their checks to reserve their space.

      See below for details:

      HIKE:
      Will leave SF at 9:30. Contribution for gas and bridge toll $6.00/passenger. Bring lunch, water, hat, good walking/hiking shoes. We'll hike to the summit of Mt. Diablo from Juniper Campground (one mile up and one mile back). If time permits we will also check out Rock City (interesting rock formations in the park)

      Let us know whether you can drive or need a ride.
      Rain cancels hike part of the outing.

      RESTAURANT OUTING: Time: 4:00
      Place: Planet Raw
      260 Golf Club Rd.
      Pleasant Hill (925) 849-4500

      *public transportation: Take BART...get off at the Pleasant Hill Station ($4.90 each way). Take the #9 bus to restaurant. Get off at Golf Club Rd. and Old Quarry Rd.(bus fare is $1.75 or $1.50 with a transfer from BART)
      The restaurant is near Diablo Valley College.

      Restaurant website:
      http://planetrawwalnutcreek.com/