San Francisco, PETA CA Wool demo 12/2

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004
      Lauren McLane <laurenm@...> wrote: Subject: San Francisco, CA Wool demo 12/2
      Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:47:23 -0500
      From: "Lauren McLane"

      Subject: San Francisco PETA Sheep Demonstration

      Dear Activist,

      We�ve got a unique demonstration coming to your area and we need your help to speak up for Australian sheep, who are some of the world�s most abused animals.

      On Thursday, December 2, from 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m., a flock of life-size wooden sheep will head to the Australian Consulate General, located at 625 Market St., Ste. 200, in San Francisco, as part of our recently launched boycott of Australian wool to end the worst abuses of sheep who are raised for their wool.

      As you may know, much of the world�s wool comes from Australia, where sheep endure a gruesome procedure called �mulesing,� in which farmers carve huge chunks of flesh from sheep�s backsides without any painkillers. To make matters worse, millions of sheep are shipped thousands of miles every year from Australia to the Middle East, where they have their throats slit while they are still fully conscious. Sick and injured sheep are either thrown overboard to the sharks or ground up in mincing machines on board while they are still alive. More humane and effective alternatives to these abuses already exist, and it is only out of stubbornness and greed that they continue.

      You can help stop this suffering with just an hour of your time. We need people to hand out leaflets and hold signs that read, �Stop Mutilating Sheep Now� and, �Ban Live Export.� This demonstration is simple and effective, but we need your voice and your help!

      For more information on this campaign, please visit SaveTheSheep.com. If you plan to attend or if you have any questions, please e-mail Matt Rice at MattR@... or call him at 757-943-0340.

      Demonstration Information:

      Date: Thursday, December 2

      Time: 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.

      Where: Australian Consulate in San Francisco, 625 Market St., Ste. 200

      Attire: Please dress conservatively (business casual, preferably no jeans or controversial T-shirts)

      Contact: Matt Rice 757-943-0340 (cellular)

      Thank you for everything that you do. We hope to see you there.

      Sincerely,

      Lauren McLane

      Activist Liaison, International Grassroots Campaigns
      People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

      757-962-8269

      The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!

      Paris Harvey
      Bite Back Vegan Society