World Vision sells animals for slaughter as gifts

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2004
      Friends,
      It has come to my attention that the wonderful organization World Vision, that supports feeds and cares for children and families in impoverished countries is asking for donations in their gift catalog http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10047&xxwvNavItemId=0
      (prices ranging from $15. to $525), for animals that are to be raised for slaughter and for resale in the markets. You can even donate a $1,000 for "milk and Honey".
      This fine Christian organization is another example of how the bridge between the compassionate "Peaceable Kingdom" and animals raised for food is not, as a rule, recognized by certain religious factions.
      World Vision should be politely made aware of this contradiction.
      Please call 1-888-511-6548 or write them at PO Box 9716
      Federal Way, WA 98063-9716 or email them at http://www.worldvision.org/worldvision/feedback.nsf/feedback (this is their feedback link)
      and share with them how we as a people should be promoting a plant based sustainablity, regardless of the fact that this is their cultural tradition or not. That not only are they adding to the cruelty in the world, by slaughtering innocent sentient beings, (www.christianveg.com), but that they are adding to the massive environmetal problems that are already plaguing this planet. Refer them to www.vegnow.com regarding this impact.
      If you are a child sponsor, you may hint at the possibilty of suspending your sponsorship until these animals are removed from their catalog.
      They have many very wonderful and constuctive donation gift items to choose from...these animals are not necessary.
      Thank you for your time,
      Worthy is the Lamb,

      Paris Harvey
      Bite Back Vegan Society