Sign up for Vegetarian Nutrition Course!

  • compassionatecooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2003
      OPTIMUM HEALTH & NUTRITION COURSE
      **I'm very excited to offer the course a second time this year! The
      first course, held for 7 weeks starting in January, was a great
      success.**

      Sign up for an exciting 7-week course that will empower you to make
      the best food choices for optimum health. In the years I have been an
      advocate for plant-based eating and in the almost two years that I
      have taught cooking classes, one thing I know is that MISINFORMATION
      PREVAILS, which prevents people from making informed decisions about
      the way they eat -- and ultimately about the kind of health they
      have.

      So, join us on a journey toward optimum health as we view Dr. John
      McDougall's newest video series called Total Health Solution for the
      21st Century, an exceptionally educational, motivating, life-
      changing, and entertaining series.

      Dr. John A. McDougall, M.D., a pioneer in his field and author of
      several bestsellers, has been studying, writing and "speaking out"
      about the effects of nutrition on disease for over 20 years. I
      provide a bevy of handouts, offer books to borrow and buy, and
      encourage lots of discussion/questions.

      WHEN: Wednesday nights 7:30-9:30 p.m. (begins September 3rd, 2003)
      WHERE: 3914 Enos Ave. in Oakland
      HOW MUCH: $40 per person for the entire 7-week course (which includes
      snacks, goodies, and a bevy of resources!) Send check to Colleen
      Patrick-Goudreau P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619
      SIGNING UP: Simply call (510) 238-5004 or email me
      (compassionatecooks@...) to sign up. Sign up right away, as
      there is limited space!

      Best,
      Colleen

      "All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life.
      See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you
      do?" ~Buddha

      "How smart do animals have to be before killing them constitutes
      murder?" ~Carl Sagan

      "Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do Something.
      Anything." ~Sasha

      Recipes & Cooking Classes:
      http://www.generationv.org/compassionatecooks.htm