SF STATE Sustainability Day

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
      SFVS will have a table at the SF STATE Sustainability Day Thursday, November 5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
      on the pathway on the lawn in Malcom X plaza, campus map: http://www.sfsu.edu/-sfsumap/

      Anyone able to volunteer during that time for tabling, contact Dixie Mahy <dixiemahy@...> or 415-885-2251 or 415-574-7788

      SF State students most welcome to help out or just drop by

      Sorry for this is a last minute notice but we just received the invitation with the full information

      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society

    • Sue Castle
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
        Hi Dixie,

        I can't help this time as we have family in from out of town, but you can keep me in mind for future such events.  I would be happy to help.

        Sincerely,

        Sue Castle

        If you would like to start helping animals one bite at a time, click here for a free vegetarian starter kit

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
          My apologies if this was already distributed in an earlier msg, I only became aware of it today thru a Green Apple Books email I finally looked at.

          -brian

          http://www.greenapplebooks..com/cgi-bin/mergatroid/9780316069908

          Looks like it could be a thoughtful discussion.  I've not read the book and can't vouch for it.

          http://jccsf.com/content_main.aspx?progid=3212&catid=538

          Thu, Nov 5
          8:00 PM

          $15.00 Member
          $18.00 Public
          $10.00 Students

          Jonathan Safran Foer

          Why Do We Eat Animals?

          Foer is one of the most acclaimed writers of his generation. His first novels, Everything is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, sold over 700,000 copies. His first work of nonfiction, Eating Animals, is a quest to understand meat, how it's produced and the environmental effects of eating animals. Foer explores all sides of the issue, including breaking into a chicken farm, and asserts few readers will look at their dinner the same way again.

        • asanas106@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
            no address shown
          • Gail Caswell
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2009
              It's at the Jewish Community Center at California Street and Presidio, near Laurel Village.  Hope you can still make it!