Invitation to Veggie Jews 8/22 Shabbat pot luck dinner in San Francisco

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2003
      You are invited to Veggie Jews' August 22, 2003, Shabbat pot luck starting at 7 p.m. in San Francisco.

      Volunteer host Efrat Stark has kindly opened her Noe Valley home to Veggie Jews for our second monthly Shabbat pot luck. (A volunteer for September is still needed.) As Efrat is new to our community let's give her a big turn-out so she can make lots of new friends. Everyone attending should bring a vegan dish with about 8 portions or vegan wine (as vegan is the lowest common denominator that all veggies can eat). Please note that most wine, including kosher, is "fined" (clarified) with isinglass (tropical fish guts) so please check with the manufacturer if you are planning to bring wine. Also, please let Efrat know so we don't have lots of wine and too little food.

      RSVP to Efrat at efratli@... or, if you don't have e-mail, phone her at (415) 282-5993. She will then let you know the address.

      So join us on August 22nd to welcome the Sabbath with true San Francisco spirit.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      "G-d said, 'See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food. And to all the animals on land, to all the birds of the sky, and to everything that creeps on earth, in which there is the breath of life, [I give] all the green plants for food.' And it was so. And G-d saw all that He had made, and found it very good." [Genesis, 1:29-31]

      "It is inconceivable that the Creator who had planned a world of harmony and a perfect way for man to live should, many thousands of years later, find that this plan was wrong." [Rabbi Abraham Isaac Hacohen Kook, first chief rabbi of pre-state Israel.]

      Veggie Jews is a on-line and real world organization, with events in local communities, dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and spreading Jewish vegan and vegetarian values into the Jewish community. Please tell a friend about us.