October - Vegetarian Cooking Class - Scrumptious Soups & Stews

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2004
      Compassionate Cooks' (http://www.compassionatecooks.com) monthly vegetarian cooking class will demonstrate four Scrumptious Soups & Hearty Stews plus an easy dessert on Saturday October 16th. We'll also debunk myths regarding vegetarian food and nutrition, eat lots of food samples, and have a lot of fun!

      MENU:
      Nothing says "comfort food" more than a bowl of soup (and of course, some chocolate to top it off!). On October 16th, we'll prepare and share:

      -African Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew with Couscous
      -Asparagus Soup with Thyme
      -Split Pea Soup
      -Garlic & Greens Soup with Yellow Potatoes
      -Chocolate Banana Shake

      Register Today for the October 16th Class
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm

      YOU WILL ALSO ENJOY:

      -Cookbook raffle (sponsored by VegNews)
      -A bevy of cooking and nutrition tips and resources
      -Generous food samplings

      BRING A BUDDY AND WIN A GIFT CERTIFICATE!
      Sign up a friend for October's cooking class and be entered in a drawing to win a gift certificate to ANY future class. (Please indicate the name of your friend when you sign up for both of you!)

      WHEN: Saturday, October 16th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Directions: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm
      COST: $30
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online at http://www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm or mail a check to Compassionate Cooks, and put 'cooking class' in the memo field. Mail it to P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Thursday October 14th

      WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

      "Perfect class! Wonderful menu! Great people! Fun day! Will definitely do it again."

      "As with the last class, this was a WONDERFUL and enlightening morning! I feel as if I go home with great resolve. Your presentation was, as usual, delightful. Very relaxed, informative, and FUN! BRAVO!"

      "Thank you for devoting your Saturday to teach us and make the world a more harmonious place for everyone. All of the dishes were wholesome, delicious, and easy. Because I can't have you as my personal chef, I will be incorporating all the dishes into my cooking repertoire! Thank you very much!"

      "Great class! I loved each of the recipes and appreciate how healthy and quick they all are. The cake is divine! Thank you."

      "Great class! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for expanding the possibilities."

      "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind." ~Albert Einstein

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Vegetarian Cooking Classes * Nutrition Courses * Supermarket Tours * Vegetarian Workshops * Vegetarian Cooking Videos

      "The thinking [person] must oppose all cruel customs no matter how deeply rooted in tradition and surrounded by a halo. When we have a choice, we must avoid bringing torment and injury into the life of another." ~Albert Schweitzer

      "Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind." ~Albert Einstein

      "Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do Something. Anything." ~Sasha

      Try Veg! http://www.tryveg.com