Re: Perfect Pumpkin Muffins: VegNews Recipe Club

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Forwarding the message

      Our Blogs
      Café VegNews
      Press Pass
      This Just In

      Our Website
      VegNews.com

      Find Us On
      Facebook
      MySpace
      Twitter

       Perfect Pumpkin Muffins

      Maybe it's a little early to have pumpkins on the brain, but then again, maybe we freaking love pumpkins and absolutely can't wait to get out to the local patch. Though we might be able to hold off another week or two before lobotomizing our jacks, there's no reason to wait to make these magnificent muffins.

      Makes 12 muffins

      What You Need:

      1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
      1/2 cup maple syrup
      1/2 cup olive oil
      2 teaspoons vanilla
      1/2 cup firm tofu, mashed
      1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
      1-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
      1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons baking powder
      1 teaspoon cinnamon
      1/2 teaspoon sea salt
      1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
      1 cup dried cranberries

      What You Do:

      1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.

      2. In a large bowl, mix pumpkin purée, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla, and tofu. In a separate bowl, sift all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, and cloves. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in dried cranberries.

      3. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

      More Food News!
      What's Cooking on VegNews.com: Pasta e Fagioli
      Café VegNews: Spicy Buffalo Wings
      This Week's Must-Have: Pizza Hummus!
      Giveaway: DC Green Festival Tickets
      This Just In: Roasted Pepper Tomato Soup
      Press Pass: Mushroom Meet 'n' Greet
      Featurette: Certified Vegan Labels
      VegWeb.com: New Forums!

       </