World Veg Day in today's Chronicle

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2004
      http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/archive/2004/09/22/gree.DTL

      http://tinyurl.com/6lxpo

      if the weather is nice, there will be OVER 2,500 people there (I'm guessing)

      If possible, TAKE the 44 bus there. (N Judah, whatever bus is on Lincoln way 71/72) or bicycle there.

      if you are getting off BART, take the MUNI underground N Judah, get off 9th Ave & Irving, and walk ONE block to SF COunty Fair building.

      IMPORTANT if you have to drive: A few streets are CLOSED OFF, due to construction of the DeYoung Museum. You can NOT drive from the Richmond District, 10th Ave and Fulton, DIRECTLY to 9th Ave and Lincoln way.

      There is a WALKWAY for bicyclists and walkers, it is BEHIND THE JAPANESE TEA garden. It's not really well marked with super large signs. (they should of during the construction phase)

      I will repost and try to give you landmarks for the WALKWAY

      signature:

      http://www.bayareaveg.org
      http://www.vegdining.com
      http://www.sfvs.org
      due to my high amount of emails, I am unable to answer everyone's emails on vegetarian questions.