Why Honey is Not Vegan

  • Victor Tsou
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2009
      Noah Lewis, author of the popular "Why Honey is Not Vegan" site, is
      fundraising for a project to overhaul that web site. It hasn't been
      updated in 7 years and Noah is devoting the next 3 months to researching
      and writing full time for this important site.

      I just pledged some money for the effort and ask you to consider doing
      the same to keep this valuable, freely available resource up-to-date for
      all of us who wish to understand how veganism relates to bees.

      I highly recommend following the link below to the interview with Noah,
      which provides a more in depth conversation about the importance of this
      project.

      An interview with Noah:
      http://veganideal.org/content/conversation-why-honey-not-vegan
      Why Honey Is Not Vegan: http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm
      Fundraising page:
      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/176413565/why-honey-is-not-vegan

      "If we want to be allies to animals, we have to overcome our
      internalized speciesism. We have to de-program the false messages we
      have been taught about other animals. We have to educate ourselves and
      surround ourselves with positive, non-speciesist ideas and images of
      other animals. For me, learning about honey bees was an important aspect
      of increasing my respect for them. If all we know about bees is the
      stereotypical image that 'they make honey for us,' it's easy to dismiss
      them." - Noah Lewis

      Victor

      --
      The Vegan Ideal: http://veganideal.org/