FREE DVD: Swine Flu Pandemic by Dr. Michael Greger

  • jcadiz2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
      Subject: Free swine flu DVD

      The World Health Organization (WHO) maintains that billions of people may become infected with swine flu.[1] "This virus travels at an unbelievable, almost unheard of speed," the WHO Director-General was quoted as saying last week.[2] The "most worrying fact," according to the Director-General, is "that 40 percent of the fatalities concern young adults -- in good health -- who die of a viral fever in five to seven days."[3]

      In light of the current situation, last week I released my latest presentation "Flu Factories: Tracing the Origins of the Swine Flu Pandemic" on DVD. Here is a list of the chapters (video previews at www.humanesociety.org/swineflu):

      1. Introduction
      2. 1918 Pandemic
      3. Swine Flu Stable for 80 Years
      4. North Carolina, 1998
      5. Triple Hybrid Mutant
      6. Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
      7. Pork and Poultry Industrialization
      8. Strep suis
      9. Nipah Virus
      10. Ebola in Pigs
      11. Mad Cow Disease
      12. Multi-Drug Resistant Bacteria
      13. Acceleration of Human Influenza
      14. Aquatic Virus to Airborne Flu
      15. Harmless to Deadly
      16. Emergence of the 1918 Flu
      17. Poultry Industry Response to Bird Flu
      18. Intensification of the North Carolina Pork Industry
      19. Factor 1: Sheer Numbers
      20. Factor 2: Geographic Density
      21. Factor 3: Overcrowding
      22. Factor 4: Stress
      23. Meat Industry Defense of Intensive Confinement
      24. Factor 5: Lack of Adequate Fresh Air
      25. Factor 6: Lack of Adequate Sunlight
      26. Factor 7: Cesspools of Waste
      27. Factor 8: Preponderance of Disease Vectors
      28. Factor 9: Pharmacological Crutch
      29. Factor 10: Long-Distance Transport
      30. Family Farms to Factory Farms
      31. What if Swine Flu Combines with Bird Flu?
      32. Factory Farm Moratorium
      33. Pandemic Prevention
      34. The Meat Industry Responds
      35. Single Biggest Human Disaster
      36. Banning Gestation Crates
      37. Pork Industry Response to Swine Flu
      38. Industry Cover-Up
      39. Conclusion
      40. Additional Resources

      Thanks to the generosity of The Sheepdrove Trust, subscribers to this
      newsletter can get a free copy of this new DVD by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. The envelope should to be at least 6 inches wide (15cm), stamped with at least $1.39 in postage for domestic mail ($2.28 international).

      It looks like we may be in for a tough flu season this year. While the focus is understandably on mediating the impact of the current pandemic, by exploring its roots we may be able to lower the risk of future emergences of such viruses.

      [1] bit.ly/billionsinfected and bit.ly/worldpopulation
      [2] bit.ly/directorgeneral
      [3] ibid.

      Michael Greger, M.D.
      Director, Public Health and Animal Agriculture
      Humane Society International
      2100 L St., N.W.
      Washington, DC 20037
      direct line: (202) 676-2361