Free Worldwide Travel Guides - Wikitravel

  • DJ Brook
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2009
      "Wikitravel is a project to create a free, complete, up-to-date, and reliable worldwide travel guide. So far we have 22,139 destination guides and other articles written and edited by Wikitravellers from around the globe. Check out the Help page to see how you can edit any page right now, or the Project page for more information about Wikitravel and getting involved."
      http://wikitravel.org/en/Main_Page

      After using Wikitravel this summer, I had the idea that we should slightly (not overwhelmingly) vegify it. For every city that we live in, used to live in, or have traveled to, we should make sure that there is one or two veg restaurants listed and, if there isn't, to add them. Likewise with veg hotels and other veg attractions, if any.

      If we overdo it for any location, it could be a problem (though maybe not); if we do a little for many, many cities, it could help raise awareness while supporting veg restaurants and other veg businesses.

      I'd be interested in your thoughts about this.

      Please post/blog/forward/tweet/share where appropriate.

      Peace,
      Dan