Menu for Tonight's (9/2) End of Summer Vegan Blowout

  • archierieus
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      Our chef, Patricia, has kindly provided the menu for the vegan dinner this evening, 9/2 at 6 p.m. at the Red Victorian, 1665 Haight St., San Francisco. Here it is:

      Hawaiian Haystack Dinner

      Vegan. Meal free of egg, dairy, meat, fish & honey. Oil-free cooking. No added sugar.

      Starter:

      Romaine/spinach/baby leafy greens Salad

      Patricia's house dressing of macadamia oil, lime & garlic

      Baked gluten-free sesame cracker

      Haystacks:

      Base

      1. millet & quinoa pilaf

      2. creamy shitake sauce

      Veggie Topping

      3. chopped celery

      4. chopped carrot

      5. black olives

      6. green pepper

      7. sugar snap peas

      8. red onion

      9. shredded cabbage

      10. shredded lettuce

      11. avocado

      Fruit & Nut Toppings

      12. dried mango

      13. macadamia nut

      14. pecans

      15. walnuts

      16. pumpkin seeds

      17. dried cherries

      18. golden raisins

      19. fresh mandarin orange

      20. fresh pineapple

      Veggie Meat Toppings

      21. BBQ ginger/lime tempeh

      22. Shredded garlic & ginger chik

      23. Ham-not slices

      Dessert:

      Seasonal fruit salad

      Carob Pecan & Raisin Clusters

      Beverages: Coconut-pineapple juice, Carrot-orange juice, kombucha, Fiji water

      All this for a Ten Dollar minimum donation! Plus the presentation to follow. RSVP to 707-774-1904 or email to: info@....

      David Koot