Re: [SFVeg] Re:Please Save CA Parks!

  • brian wesenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 11:58 AM
      Don and all,

      you make a good point for the private sector stepping in to support public parks when the state is unable or unwilling to do so.  the way sacramento is presenting the current budget case does make it look like a budgetary shell game.  there is also the case for raising taxes.  unfortunately, with the two thirds vote needed to pass such things, that has become more difficult.  i support signing the petition as it will or can show that the public wants the parks to remain open.  perhaps then, both sides in sacramento will see what we want funded, as well as other programs' needs and realize that cutting is not the only option.  how that compromise or deal comes about, i can not visualize, but with public input, hopefully our representatives in sacramento will realize that they need to explore other options.  i would also be willing to donate to a short term private funding of state parks, if that was is required to keep them open, as i greatly enjoy
      visiting them.

      thanks for a thoughtful alternative idea incase the state is not able to pull through,
      brian