Vegetarian Cooking Class - Demystifying Tofu

  • compassionatecooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2004
      Compassionate Cooks (http://www.compassionatecooks.com) will
      Demystify Tofu & Tempeh with FIVE delicious and EASY-TO-MAKE dishes
      on September 18th. We'll also debunk myths regarding plant-based
      eating, eat lots of food samples, and have a lot of fun!

      MENU:
      -Thai Green Curry with Tofu, Potatoes, and Red Peppers
      -Tempeh with Orange Ginger Sauce
      -Tofu Breakfast Scramble with Soy Sausage
      -Sesame-Coated Tofu Strips with Spicy Broccoli
      -Chocolate Pudding Tart

      YOU WILL ALSO ENJOY:
      -Cookbook raffle
      -Resources, suggestions, and nutrition information
      -50% off subscription to VegNews (http://www.vegnews.com)

      WHEN: Saturday, September 18th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro.
      Directions: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm
      COST: $30
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online at
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm or mail a check to
      Compassionate Cooks, and put 'cooking class' in the memo field. Mail
      it to P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive
      your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via
      email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Thursday September 16th

      WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:

      "Perfect class! Wonderful menu! Great people! Fun day! Will
      definitely do it again."

      "As with the last class, this was a WONDERFUL and enlightening
      morning! I feel as if I go home with great resolve. Your presentation
      was, as usual, delightful. Very relaxed, informative, and FUN!
      BRAVO!"

      "Thank you for devoting your Saturday to teach us and make the world
      a more harmonious place for everyone. All of the dishes were
      wholesome, delicious, and easy. Because I can't have you as my
      personal chef, I will be incorporating all the dishes into my cooking
      repertoire! Thank you very much!"

      "Great class! I loved each of the recipes and appreciate how healthy
      and quick they all are. The cake is divine! Thank you."

      "Great class! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for expanding the
      possibilities."