Vegetarian Cooking Class!

  • Carynne McIver
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
      Vegetarian
      Cooking Class: Hearty Homestyle Italian

      Join Compassionate Cooks' founder Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, author of
      the Joy of Vegan Baking, in her monthly fun-filled Vegetarian Cooking Classes that celebrate healthful and humane eating!
      Designed to fill you up and warm you up, these hearty Italian dishes will satisfy anyone and everyone you feed!Committed to using mostly local, seasonal, organic ingredients, Compassionate Cooks empowers people to make informed food choices and delicious, plant-based meals through cooking classes, DVDs, podcasts, and more. Cooking instructor Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, food columnist for VegNews Magazine, contributor to National Public Radio radio, one-time guest on the popular Food Networkshow, BBQ with Bobby Flay, and author of the award-winning cookbook, The Joy of Vegan Baking: Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats & Sinful Sweets and the upcoming The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion, creates delicious but simple menus that celebrate the seasons and inspire people to return to the kitchen.
      The demonstration classes include everything from nutrition information and cooking tips to food history and taste tests of various products.Join us as we cook up:
      * Italian-style Hummus
      * Polenta Squares with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
      * Pizza Marinara
      * Spring Vegetable Risotto
      * Chocolate Cheesecake

      WHEN: Saturday, April 25th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.

      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro.
      COST: $55 (in advance), plus $5 food/materials fee due on day of class (Discounts for registering for class packages.)

      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online or
      mail a check to Compassionate
      Cooks P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.

      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up
      until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a
      confirmation via email.

      WHAT TO EXPECT: In our monthly demonstration cooking classes, we feature uncomplicated recipes, debunk myths regarding plant-based eating, eat yummy food samples, and have a lot of fun! We provide students with copies of the featured recipes, coupons for local
      groceries and restaurants, and a bevy of resources on nutrition,
      cooking tips, and more!

      Listento our podcast
      Join our mailing list
      Check out our award-winning cookbook
      Check out our vegetarian cooking DVD
      ....All at www.compassionatecooks.com!
    • Carynne McIver
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2009
        Vegetarian
        Cooking Class: Burgers & Backyard Bites

        Join Compassionate
        Cooks’ founder Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, author of
        the Joy
        of Vegan Baking, in her monthly fun-filled
        Vegetarian Cooking Classes that celebrate healthful and humane eating!
        With these fabulous recipes, your guests will no doubt agree that
        meatless barbecues are more satisfying than their meat-filled
        counterparts. Committed to using mostly local, seasonal,
[...]

        * Greek Spinach Salad
        * Roasted Red Pepper Wraps
        * Better-Than-Tuna Sandwiches
        * Mushroom Pecan Burgers
        * Pineapple Upside Down Cake

        WHEN: Saturday, May 23rd -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.