some vegan events this weekend

  • philip gelb
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 3:26 PM
      Here are 2 vegan events i am hosting this weekend and still have a
      couple of emtpy seats for; on Saturday is part of my twice monthly
      series of gourmet vegan cuisine with world class musicians and on
      Sunday is part of my cooking class series, a vegan passover class.

      Please contact me (off the lists) if you are interested in attending
      or have questions.

      Saturday, April 4
      8 pm
      limited seating for 20
      $55/person
      Our twice monthly gourmet vegan meals paired with world class
      musicians continues
      This night we are featuring, from Berlin, one of the worlds truly
      innovative clarinet and saxophone players, Frank Gratkowski on his
      only solo appearance on his current US tour. http://gratkowski.com to
      hear samples and read his impressive bio.
      the menu will be

      soup
      cauliflower watercress miso soup w/ fried oyster mushooms
      (homemade white miso)

      second course
      -fried wontons (homemade noodle dough stuffed with walnuts, tofu, sato-
      imo, yamaimo)
      -daikon pickled w/ sencha tea leaves and salted cherry blossoms
      -wakame (seaweed) with umeboshi (pickled plums)

      entree

      -tempeh (homemade) w/ pomegranate miso glaze
      -hijiki (seaweed)stewed w/ carrots
      -choy sum stir fried with fresh bamboo shoots and Korean rice cakes

      dessert
      -Apple oolong cake (tung ting high mountain tea)
      -matcha maple ice cream

      Sunday, April 5, 2009
      noon
      limited space for 10
      $40/person
      a hands on cooking class. This class features vegan versions of
      classic dishes served at the jewish holiday of passover.
      the menu we will be preparing is:
      matzah ball soup
      cauliflower kugel with pistachio topping
      collard leaves stuffed with fava bean puree with lemon tahini sauce
      and wild mushroom sauce
      roasted beets with horseradish and basil
      charoses (apples, nuts, wine)

      philip gelb
      phil@...
      http://philipgelb.com