Event/Calendar Submission- Thank you!

  • Carynne McIver
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009
      Vegetarian
      Cooking Class: Hearty Homestyle Italian

      Join Compassionate
      Cooks’ founder Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, author of
      the Joy
      of Vegan Baking, in her monthly fun-filled
      Vegetarian Cooking Classes that celebrate healthful and humane eating!
      Designed to fill you up and warm you up, these hearty Italian dishes will satisfy anyone and everyone you feed!Committed to using mostly local, seasonal,
      organic ingredients, Compassionate
      Cooks empowers people to make informed food choices
      and delicious, plant-based meals through cooking
      classes, DVDs, podcasts,
      and more.
      Cooking instructor
      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, food columnist for VegNews
      Magazine, contributor to National
      Public Radio radio, one-time guest on the
      popular Food Networkshow, BBQ with Bobby Flay, and author of the
      award-winning cookbook, The
      Joy of Vegan Baking: Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats &
      Sinful Sweets and the upcoming The
      Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at
      Every Occasion, creates delicious but simple menus
      that celebrate the seasons and inspire people to return to the kitchen.
      The demonstration classes include everything from nutrition information
      and cooking tips to food history and taste tests of various products.Join us as we cook up:
      * Italian-style Hummus
      * Polenta Squares with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
      * Pizza Marinara
      * Spring Vegetable Risotto
      * Chocolate Cheesecake

      WHEN: Saturday, April 25th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First
      Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro.
      COST: $55 (in advance), plus $5 food/materials fee due
      on day of class (Discounts for registering for class packages.)
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online or
      mail a check to Compassionate
      Cooks P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up
      until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a
      confirmation via email.
      WHAT TO EXPECT: In our monthly demonstration cooking
      classes, we feature uncomplicated recipes, debunk myths regarding
      plant-based eating, eat yummy food samples, and have a lot of fun! We
      provide students with copies of the featured recipes, coupons for local
      groceries and restaurants, and a bevy of resources on nutrition,
      cooking tips, and more!

      Listen
      to our podcast
      Join