Premiere of Peaceable Kingdom, come meet nice veggies

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2004
      There will be hundreds of nice, animal friendly folks here. I will
      be there too. We hope to fill up the 900 seat auditorium.

      you must register ahead of time...for student rate

      SAN FRANCISCO PREMIERE OF PEACEABLE KINGDOM
      HOSTED BY ALICIA SILVERSTONE

      "It's like FAHRENHEIT 9/11 meets BABE"

      Friday, July 30, 2004, 7:30 pm
      Herbst Theatre at the War Memorial Performing Arts Center
      401 Van Ness at McAllister

      SPECIAL STUDENT TICKETS!

      There are a limited number of tickets to this event for high school
      and
      college students (valid ID required) for only $5. Follow this link to
      register for the event at this special rate:

      http://tribeofheart.pointinspace.com/tohsurvey/survey.lasso?p=103.0.1

      Non-student tickets range from $15 to $75 and can be purchased
      at http://www.cityboxoffice.com/ordertickets.asp?p=1358 or (415)
      392-4400

      Further ticketing details can be found at the end of this email.

      - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

      NEW DOCUMENTARY BY AWARD-WINNING FILMMAKERS COMES TO SAN FRANCISCO
      FOLLOWING STANDING OVATION PREMIERE AT MANHATTAN'S LINCOLN CENTER

      ''Peaceable Kingdom is a masterpiece.''
      -- Jane Goodall, U.N. Messenger of Peace

      - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

      You are invited to come share an unforgettable evening filled with
      life-changing stories of courage and personal transformation.

      Why would a factory farmer give up his profession to become an animal
      advocate?

      Why would a young couple devote their lives to rescuing abused farm
      animals?

      How could a farmer's childhood wounds be healed by the love of a cow?

      Tribe of Heart announces the San Francisco premiere of Peaceable
      Kingdom,
      the second in an anthology of documentaries from award-winning
      filmmakers
      Jenny Stein and James LaVeck (The Witness). The 70-minute
      documentary
      will
      screen on Friday, July 30th, at 7:30 PM at Herbst Theatre. Actress
      Alicia
      Silverstone, a San Francisco native, will host the event. After the
      screening, there will be a discussion with the filmmakers and many
      of
      the
      subjects of the documentary, including Farm Sanctuary co-founder
      Lorri
      Bauston, former farmer Harold Brown, author Jim Mason, and educator
      Peaches
      Gillette. Also attending will be Eddie Lama of 'The Witness'. A
      reception
      catered by Sparks Restaurant will immediately follow in The Green
      Room.

      Peaceable Kingdom had its World Premiere at Lincoln Center in
      Manhattan
      on
      February 28th, receiving a standing ovation from a sell out crowd of
      1100
      that included several U.S. Congressmembers, actress Edie Falco and
      musician
      Moby, who donated the use his popular song ''Why Does My Heart Feel
      So
      Bad?'' for the film's dramatic conclusion. Artist Peter Max hosted
      the
      event
      and created a special commemorative poster for the premiere.

      ''I really felt at the end of that film that I was part of something
      very
      revolutionary and bigger than me,'' said one audience member. ''It
      was
      one
      of the most moving experiences of my life,'' said another.

      ''Peaceable Kingdom is striking a chord,'' says Producer James
      LaVeck,
      ''because it is about everyday people reclaiming their dignity and
      their
      innocence by challenging a blatant injustice. In a world that is
      drowning in
      cynicism and violence, it speaks to the potential for goodness in
      each
      of
      us.''

      For more information, visit the Tribe of Heart web site at
      http://www.tribeofheart.org

      - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

      SPECIAL STUDENT TICKETS!

      There are a limited number of tickets to this event for high school
      and
      college students (valid ID required) for only $5. Follow this link to
      register for the event at this special rate:

      http://tribeofheart.pointinspace.com/tohsurvey/survey.lasso?p=103.0.1

      Note that student tickets include the screening and post-film
      discussion,
      but do not include the post screening reception. Tickets that
      include
      the
      reception are $25 and can be purchased from City Box Office (See link
      below).

      Non-student tickets:

      $15/ticket - Film & Discussion only
      $25/ticket - Film & Discussion plus Reception (cash bar)
      $75/ticket - Premium Seats, Film & Discussion, Reception (2 comp.
      drinks)

      Group Discount: $10/ticket for groups of 5 or more, Film &
      Discussion
      only.
      Group tickets must be ordered by phone at (415) 392-4400.

      City Box Office - call (415) 392-4400 or order online at
      http://www.cityboxoffice.com/ordertickets.asp?p=1358

      PLEASE NOTE: RECEPTION SPACE IS LIMITED. AT OUR MANHATTAN PREMIERE,
      THE
      RECEPTION TICKETS SOLD OUT WELL IN ADVANCE, SO PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR
      TICKETS
      EARLY!

      - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

      All proceeds go to Tribe of Heart's Peaceable Kingdom project. Tribe
      of
      Heart is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that produces and
      distributes
      award-winning documentaries about ordinary people making an
      extraordinary
      difference for others. Visit http://www.tribeofheart.org/join.htm to
      subscribe to our quarterly e-newsletter. Tribe of Heart does not
      share
      or
      sell its mailing list.