PETA DEMO UPDATE - Bay Area: Join IDA for a Demonstration against the Canadian

  • muddbutter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2009
      SATURDAY'S PETA EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE JOIN IDA'S DEMONSTRATION AT THE NEW DATE AND TIME NOTED BELOW.*

      Canada: the Whole World is Watching

      Please join In Defense of Animals (IDA) and local PETA members for a demonstration to speak up for the hundreds of thousands of baby harp seals who will be mercilessly clubbed to death in the next few weeks on the ice floes off Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Hundreds of groups around the world will be protesting on or around March 15, the International Day of Action Against the Canadian Seal Slaughter, and we need your help to let Canada know the world is watching and we will not stand by and let this bloody massacre continue any longer. Join IDA and local PETA members to hold signs and pass out leaflets to inform everyone of the cruelty behind this barbaric annual slaughter.

      Posters and leaflets will be provided, so just bring yourself and anyone you can recruit to join you. Please contact Melissa Gonzalez at Melissa@... to RSVP or for more information.

      When: Sunday, March 15, 12 noon - 2 p.m.
      Where: Union Square, across the street from Neiman Marcus (150 Stockton St.), San Francisco. Please meet on the steps going up to Union Square.

      Please cross-post this e-mail message and forward it to others who might be interested in standing up for the thousands of baby seals who will be slaughtered in the next few weeks. Visit FurIsDead.com for more information and to send an email to the Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper asking them to stop the killing. Be sure to also check out our newest video on the Canadian seal slaughter.

      Thank you for all that you do to help animals!

      For all animals,

      Sarah Gawricki, Assistant Activist Liaison
      People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
      757-962-8397
      SarahG@...

      Kristie Phelps
      Kristiep@...