Urge BOCA to Stop Using Eggs!

  • Noelle Callahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I hope you had a fabulous weekend! I'm emailing to ask that you please
      take a few minutes to Urge BOCA to Stop Using Eggs!
      <http://boca-egg-facts.com/>

      Compassion Over Killing <http://www.cok.net/> is teaming up with Mercy
      For Animals <http://www.mercyforanimals.org/> and the Animal Protection
      & Rescue League <http://aprl.org/> as well as compassionate people
      everywhere to ask *BOCA*® to stop using eggs in its product line.

      *BOCA*® was first approached in January 2008 about its use of eggs,
      which come from hens confined inside barren wire battery cages
      <http://boca-egg-facts.com/egg-industry>. Battery-caged hens are
      typically provided with a meager 67 square inches of floor space per
      bird on which to spend their lives---that's less than the size of a
      sheet of notebook paper. These birds are so intensively confined,
      they're unable to spread their wings, dust-bathe, nest or even walk.

      *BOCA*® has long been a leader in supplying delicious vegetarian foods
      to a growing market. Unfortunately, while its competitors Morningstar
      Farms, <http://www.cok.net/camp/morningstar-farms/>Lightlife Foods
      <http://www.cok.net/feat/lightlife/>, Tofurky <http://www.tofurky.com/>,
      Gardenburger <http://www.gardenburger.com/>, and Garden Protein
      <http://www.gardenprotein.com/> have either reduced the amount of eggs
      they use or simply don't use any eggs at all, *BOCA*® hasn't yet moved
      on this important issue of animal cruelty.

      TAKE ACTION at: http://boca-egg-facts.com/contact-boca

      Thank you for speaking up for egg-laying hens!
      Noelle

      Noelle Callahan
      Outreach Coordinator
      Compassion Over Killing