Benefit Dinner for In Search of Good Food on Feb. 7

  • carmen_cebs
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2009
      Saturday, February 7th, 2009 7-10 pm
      Million Fishes Art Collective,2501 Bryant St/23rd St., SF
      Leif Hedendal (The Secret Cafe, Noise In My Kitchen, Greens
      Restaurant) will serve several courses of wintery vegetarian
      delicacies using produce freshly plucked from local farms, urban
      gardens, and foraging conspiracies.
      The provisional menu:
      purple potato crisps with celeriac-horseradish-brown butter puree
      Chiogga beet crostini with Andante chevre, Bolinas stinging nettle,
      walnut
      Borlotti bean soup with artichoke, leek, dinosaur kale, anise bulb,
      sage
      Annabelle's pumpkin with roasted shallots, tahini cauliflower, baby
      golden turnips
      baby lettuces, chicories, cresses, cara cara and blood orange, olio
      nuovo
      California farmstead cheeses
      Sierra Beauty apple galette
      Michael Recchiuti chocolates
      BYOB
      The night will also feature live klezmer by Isabel Douglas and Aaron
      Kierbel, a preview of the in-progress movie, and local sustainable
      food champion guest speaker Bu Nygrens, co-manager of Veritable
      Vegetable.
      Tickets are $40-100 sliding scale, and may be bought through
      http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/54181.
      Please write insearchofgoodfood@... with any questions.
      Also, we are looking for cooking/set-up volunteers (with kitchen
      experience preferably!); free dinner is of course included. To
      volunteer write cavolonero@....
      http://insearchofgoodfood.blogspot.com/2009/01/dinner-event-february-
      7th.html