Whole-Person Wellness Event Tues. Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. in Petaluma

  • David Koot
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      On Tuesday, February 3, at 7:00 p.m., Session Two of Oil on Troubled
      Waters will be presented at the Aqus Café, 189 H St., Petaluma. This
      session will address how the self-concept affects communication, and
      why some things `push our buttons.' Understanding the self-concept,
      self-fulfilling prophecies and life commandments will be studied.
      Session One, conducted in January, shared communication techniques to
      help avoid conflicts. This sequel goes deeper, digging into
      the `why' of how we respond the way we do. The workshop will explore
      the formation of the self-concept, how we develop self-fulfilling
      prophecies and life-commandments which significantly affect not only
      the way we understand and interpret words and events, but can shape
      our lives and relationships.

      This event will not merely be a lecture. Participants will receive
      handouts and hands-on tools for use during the seminar and
      afterwards, to help them identify issues which 'push their buttons,'
      and to understand and modify their own life commandments. The goal
      is to help the person recognize why some events make them react in
      ways which result in conflict, and to take steps to resolve those
      issues. Attendees will be given a worksheet to take home with them,
      which they can use to reconfigure perceptions and goals. The seminar
      presenter, David F. Koot, J.D., is Executive Director of Wellness
      Central. Mr. Koot has successfully taught communication and wellness
      seminars across the country.

      There is a $10.00 cover charge. To pre-register, call 707-774-1904
      or email to: info@....