Re: Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation | The Humane Society of the United States

  • rojony57
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 7, 2009
      It has come to my attention that it looks like I have sent Wayne's
      great messages more than once. Wayne Pacelle of The Humane Society of
      the United States titles all of his messages the same, so the content
      is different in each message. I could send the same message more than
      once, but not this time around.

      --- In SFVeg@yahoogroups.com, Neil <rojony57@...> wrote:

      > Forwarding the message.
      >
      > "Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation" <blog@...> wrote: Wayne Pacelle:
      A Humane Nation h1 a:hover {background-color:#888;color:#fff !
      important;} div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div ul {
      list-style-type:square; padding-left:1em; }
      div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td div blockquote {
      padding-left:6px; border-left: 6px solid #dadada;
      margin-left:1em; } div#emailbody table#itemcontentlist tr td
      div li { margin-bottom:1em; margin-left:1em; }
      table#itemcontentlist tr td a:link, table#itemcontentlist tr td
      a:visited, table#itemcontentlist tr td a:active { color:#000099;
      font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; } img
      {border:none;} Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation | The Humane
      Society of the United States
      > 2008: A Look Back
      > I’ve had the privilege of being president of The HSUS for short
      of five years now. I had hoped, in taking the post, that I could
      enhance the organization's reputation as a powerful, mainstream force
      for animal protectionâ€"a force that could take on the major forms of
      institutionalized cruelty and achieve results that made a difference
      in the lives of animals.

      > Thanks to the support of our members and the work of our talented
      staff and board, that’s happened, and now the task is not to relent,
      but instead to continue to strengthen and grow this capability. In
      looking back at some of my blogs written in 2008, I pulled 10 of the
      most popular. I think they provide a valuable chronicle of some of the
      big picture items and controversies over the last year.
      > Here's the list:
      >
      > A Look Ahead: Obama's Ag and Interior Chiefs (Dec. 17): Reaction
      to President-elect Barack Obama's cabinet selections for Agriculture
      and Interior Secretary
      > Proposition 2: Views Fit to Print (Oct. 9): The editorial board
      of The New York Times endorses Proposition 2, the California ballot
      initiative to ban veal crates, gestation crates, and battery cages
      > Alarm Bells Over Eight Belles (May 5): A discussion of the
      problems with horse racing, following filly Eight Belles' death at the
      Kentucky Derby
      > No Downers, No Exceptions (May 20): Agriculture Secretary Ed
      Schafer announces that the USDA will implement a no-downer policy for
      cattle in the United States
      > Art, Examined (April 25): Controversy surrounds the exhibition of
      a starving street dog in a Nicaraguan art gallery
      > Uncaging the Truth (Aug. 11): Exposing the opposition to
      California's Proposition 2
      > Torture on Tape (Jan. 30): The HSUS investigation of
      Hallmark/Westland Meat Co. breaks, exposing the abuse of downed dairy
      cows at the Chino, Calif. slaughter plant
      > Safer Fate for Seals (April 15): Rebecca Aldworth, The HSUS's
      director of Canadian wildlife issues, imagines a future free of
      Canada's annual slaughter of baby harp seals
      > Puppy Mill Horrors to Hit Millions (April 2): Oprah Winfrey
      dedicates an entire hour-long program to puppy mills and the related
      issues of shelter adoptions, spay and neuter, and euthanasia
      > All Paws on Deck (June 4): The generosity and dedication of The
      HSUS's supporters shines through in response to repeated attacks from
      the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance

      > Email Delivery powered by FeedBurner
      >

      > Enjoy life and smile.

    • Mitch Cohen
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 7, 2009
        Interesting... HSUS considers Vilsack one of its top choices:
        hsus.typepad.com/wayne/2008/12/obama-cabinet.html

        Organic Consumers Assoc (OCA) thinks he'd be terrible for Ag Secy, and has a campaign to stop his apptmt:
        www.organicconsumers.org/bytes/ob157.htm Food First concurs with OCA.

        To: sfveg@yahoogroups.com
        From: rojony57@...
        Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 00:32:04 -0800
        Subject: [SFVeg] Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation | The Humane Society of the United States

        "Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation" wrote: ....2008: A Look Back