Re: [SFVeg] veg proverbs

  • Aaron Schuman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
      These clever little perverse proverbs are called "perverbs" or
      "anti-proverbs". See

      - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverb
      - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-proverb

      My contributions:

      - There's no use crying over spilled soy milk.
      - The early bird gets the popcorn.

      Aaron

      On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM, CyberBrook <brook@...> wrote:

      > When John Robbins was in town for the SF Veg Fest, I spoke to him
      > afterwards about vegetarianizing proverbs, such as transforming "killing
      > two birds with one stone" into "feeding two birds with one scone". I
      > asked him about the "teach a man to fish..." one and we came up with
      > this: "Give people a salad, they eat for a meal; teach people about
      > vegetarianism and they eat for a healthy lifetime."
      >
      > Please contribute others! (it's OK to stretch and have fun with them)
      >
      > Peace,
      > Dan

    • Maria
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
        I've been using "petting two cats with one hand" instead of the "birds with one stone" for a few years now. It's great to see that I'm not the only one out there who goes there!

        :)

        Maria
      • Aaron Schuman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
          Maria> I've been using "petting two cats with one hand" instead of the
          "birds with one stone" for a few years now. It's great to see that I'm not
          the only one out there who goes there!

          Aaron> There's no use crying over spilled soy milk.The early bird gets the
          popcorn.

          Dan> feeding two birds with one scone. Give people a salad, they eat for a
          meal; teach people about
          vegetarianism and they eat for a healthy lifetime.

          There's more than one way to skin a mango.

          Aaron

        • rojony57
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2009
            Are scones vegan?