Health Care talk by Zeke Emanuel on Jan. 8 (Thurs.) in SF

  • carmen_cebs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2009
      Zeke Emanuel: Scrapping the Health Care System to Find the Solution
      Date: 1/08/09 (Thursday)
      Location: Commonwealth Club, 595 Market St. @ 2nd St.
      Time: 5:30 p.m. wine and cheese reception, 6 p.m. program, 7 p.m.
      book signing
      Cost: FREE
      www.commonwealthclub.org.

      Emanuel reveals a bold new plan to restructure health care as we
      know it

      Zeke Emanuel, Chair, Dept. of Bioethics, NIH Clinical Center,
      National Institutes of Health; Author, Healthcare, Guaranteed (also
      brother of incoming Presidential Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel)

      No more Band-Aids or patches, says Emanuel; it's time for a complete
      overhaul of health care as we know it. America spends more than $2
      trillion on health care, more than any other developed nation. But
      money does not guarantee a better system. Instead, 47 million
      Americans go without insurance. In addition, many people suffer poor
      health, and often suffer financial difficulties as a result. Emanuel
      offers a bold new proposal to completely restructure our system,
      which he says will save money, allow for choice and give all
      Americans health-care coverage.