veg proverbs

  • CyberBrook
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
      When John Robbins was in town for the SF Veg Fest, I spoke to him
      afterwards about vegetarianizing proverbs, such as transforming "killing
      two birds with one stone" into "feeding two birds with one scone". I
      asked him about the "teach a man to fish..." one and we came up with
      this: "Give people a salad, they eat for a meal; teach people about
      vegetarianism and they eat for a healthy lifetime."

      Please contribute others! (it's OK to stretch and have fun with them)

      Peace,
      Dan

    • Aaron Schuman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
        These clever little perverse proverbs are called "perverbs" or
        "anti-proverbs". See

        - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverb
        - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-proverb

        My contributions:

        - There's no use crying over spilled soy milk.
        - The early bird gets the popcorn.

        Aaron

        On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM, CyberBrook <brook@...> wrote:

        > When John Robbins was in town for the SF Veg Fest, I spoke to him
        > afterwards about vegetarianizing proverbs, such as transforming "killing
        > two birds with one stone" into "feeding two birds with one scone". I
        > asked him about the "teach a man to fish..." one and we came up with
        > this: "Give people a salad, they eat for a meal; teach people about
        > vegetarianism and they eat for a healthy lifetime."
        >
        > Please contribute others! (it's OK to stretch and have fun with them)
        >
        > Peace,
        > Dan

      • Maria
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
          I've been using "petting two cats with one hand" instead of the "birds with one stone" for a few years now. It's great to see that I'm not the only one out there who goes there!

          :)

          Maria
        • Aaron Schuman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
            Maria> I've been using "petting two cats with one hand" instead of the
            "birds with one stone" for a few years now. It's great to see that I'm not
            the only one out there who goes there!

            Aaron> There's no use crying over spilled soy milk.The early bird gets the
            popcorn.

            Dan> feeding two birds with one scone. Give people a salad, they eat for a
            meal; teach people about
            vegetarianism and they eat for a healthy lifetime.

            There's more than one way to skin a mango.

            Aaron

          • rojony57
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2009
              Are scones vegan?