The Problem of Light Pollution.

  • Dave Goggin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2008
      Colleagues,

      I would encourage you to listen to this outstanding podcast (Think! from KERA Radio, NPR) discussing light pollution and how we can reduce it!

      http://tinyurl.com/5ray9r

      (be patient - it may take a minute or two to open it)

      While this might not seem vegetarian-related, as you'll hear when you listen, there are significant harmful impacts of poor outdoor lighting practices on wildlife, the environment, energy waste, and human health -- all issues of concern to the vegetarian community.

      As you may have heard, a few months ago I started a new grassroots advocacy group, Citizens for Smart Lighting SF. If you are also concerned about the severe light pollution in the bay area & would like to help, please contact me!