Vegetarian Cooking Class: Holiday Cooking and Baking

  • Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2008
      *VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS: HOLIDAY COOKING AND BAKING - DECEMBER 13TH*
      Join Compassionate Cooks as we feature delicious but uncomplicated
      recipes; highlight local, seasonal, mostly organic ingredients; debunk
      myths about plant-based eating; and eat yummy food samples. Register in
      advance online at www.compassionatecooks.com or call 510-531-COOK.
      Classes are taught at the First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th
      St. at Castro. Wheelchair accessible. Fees include demonstration, food
      samples, copies of recipes, coupons for restaurants and local groceries,
      resources and much more. Our popular holiday class features recipes from
      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's award-winning cookbook, /The Joy of Vegan
      Baking: Compassionate Cooks Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets, /as
      well as from her upcoming cookbook,/ The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable
      Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion./

      ** Warm Lentil Salad
      * Pan-Grilled Portabello Mushrooms with Fresh Herb Marinade
      * Purple Potatoes with Cashew Cream and Toasted Sage and Walnuts
      * Decadent Chocolate Truffles
      * Oatmeal Raisin Cookies*

      WHEN: Saturday, December 13th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro.
      COST: $55, plus $5 food/materials fee due on day of class
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online or mail a check to Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive
      your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Thursday, December 11th

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed
      food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking
      classes, lectures & workshops, articles and essays, podcasts, a cookbook
      and cooking DVD.

      "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."