Write to KTEH Re: Vegan Show

  • Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2008
      Hi all,

      Thanks to all of you who voted for my video for the KTEH Cooks with
      Garlic Contest. I don't think I ever followed up, but I was chosen as
      one of the winners and was on the show live last night. (In fact, in the
      contest itself I came in second in all categories, thanks to you:
      http://www.kteh.org/tv/productions/cooks/videos.jsp.)

      Amazingly (or not), my dish is the only one that's vegetarian OR vegan,
      except for one woman who makes a garlic relish, and at the end of her
      demo, she recommends serving it with "meat." I was thrilled to be
      "representing," but it would have been nice if they had a variety of
      non-"meat" dishes. Anyway...

      Even if you didn't catch the show, I'm hoping you would consider writing
      and telling them you really loved the segment of the woman who did the
      Garlic and Greens Soup. Tell them it was really fun and upbeat and you
      want to see more of her (um, me). :) Encourage them to actually produce
      a vegetarian cooking show and tell them I'd be a great choice as the
      host. It doesn't have to be a long letter, but it would be great if they
      heard from a lot of people telling them they preferred the vegetarian
      segment over all the meat!

      Their email address is Programming@.... I would so appreciate it
      if you took a few minutes to encourage them to have me on again.

      Thanks so much!

      For the animals,
      Colleen

      Order our award-winning cookbook, The Joy of Vegan Baking
      http://www.joyofveganbaking.com
      Listen to our podcast: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/podcast.htm
      Check out our cooking DVD http://www.compassionatecooks.com/video.htm
      Register for our cooking classes http://www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed
      food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking
      classes, lectures & workshops, articles and essays, podcasts, a cookbook
      and cooking DVD.

      "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."