Re:special pre fixe veg meals at Tommy Toy's

  • Chris Marco
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
      Thanks for the post Sunny�though I'm not sure if you're in favor of eating at Tommy Toy's or not...

      After looking at their dead-animal-filled menu, I figured I'd post another link with a recommendation that folks take their precious recession-dollars over to Millenium for the holidays to support a fabulous restaurant that's supporting our vegan ethics everyday, not just on special order, for extra $$'s.

      I was pleasantly surprised to see Millenium is offering a Frugal Foodie Menu for these trying financial times. That's certainly nice and considerate of them, but I think it also means they could use some support right now too. Compared to other big cities, San Francisco is seriously lacking when it comes to quality vegan food. I know I would hate to see Millenium go away, wouldn't you?

      Maybe we should consider organizing an SFVS holiday meal at Millenium? They support us, we support them...

      Here's their link (http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/restaurant/events.html) and I've also pasted some of their current offerings below for a quick look.

      The Frugal Foodie Menu

      Sunday-Wednesday each week

      3-course prix fixe menu

      $38/person; $12/optional wine pairing

      We are sensitive to the effects of this financial crash & miss you
      all dearly! Come back! We can make it a little easier on the
      pocketbook. Sunday-Wednesday we offer a SWEET 3-course prix fixe option
      for just $38/person with an optional wine pairing for $12. Choose from
      selected items off our regular menu & we will happily match each
      course with a selection from our wine list. We want you to spill
      something on your shirt...not lose it!

      Winter Solstice Menu

      Thursday-Sunday, the entire month of December

      $45/person; $23/optional wine pairing*

      4 course prix fixe menu in addition to our regular menu

      Plant your Narcissus & light your pagan candles...then come eat at
      Millennium. Feast on early winter delectables & enjoy a Hot
      Brandied Cider...or wine pairing if you so desire...

      Convert A Carnivore
      Bring a Carnivorous
      Friend into Millennium on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month and
      you and your friend will receive a 25% discount, excluding alcohol. The
      next Convert A Carnivore is Wednesday November 26th and December 10th.

      Holiday Cooking Class

      Sunday December 14th, 2008

      10am-3pm (approx), $135/person

      It's that time of year again to send that subtle message to your
      culinary challenged friend or family member by giving them the early
      holiday gift of a Millennium Cooking Class. Who needs a stuffy
      Escoffier culinary text book when The "Eric Tucker Socking Stuffer" is
      available for your kitchen arts pleasure? Join Eric for a winter
      Farmer's Market tour & holiday menu hands-on tutorial.

      Optional opportunity to meet the farmers that provide for Millennium
      & it's guests...join Eric Saturday December 13th @ the Ferry
      Building for a guided tour through the Farmer's Market. Gather up your
      produce for the week & talk about the finishing touches to the
      class's menu the following day...10am @ the CUESA information booth
      located in the front of the building, just below the clock tower.

      Call Erica to register: 415.345.3900 x11

      New Years Eve

      Wednesday December 31, 2008

      5-course prix fixe menu

      $85/person; $35/optional wine pairing

      Complimentary glass of sparkling wine upon seating

      2 seatings: 5:30pm-7pm & 8:00pm-9:30pm

      New Year's Eve is quickly approaching and we plan to make you
      sparkle...or at least feel sparkly on the inside. Come bathe your
      insides with bubbles from a champagne flute & indulge your fancy
      appetite with one of Eric Tucker's signature "Auld Lang Syne" menus. We
      will start taking reservations on December 1st...so start planning!

    • Philip Gelb
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
        there is quite a bit of exceptional vegan food in the bay area,
        though of course not nearly as many high end restaurants as NYC, not
        surprisingly.
        If you look off the beaten track you might find a couple of surprise
        options for very high end vegan food in this area :)

        phil

        Philip Gelb
        vegetarian chef
        shakuhachi player, teacher