My upcoming readings

  • Rose Aguilar
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008
      Hi all,

      Here's info on my upcoming readings. I'm doing most of my own
      publicity (it's a lot of work!), so please spread the word. I have to
      make sure it continues to sell or it goes to book heaven in a few
      months!

      If you've already read the book, please write a review on Amazon. My
      editor tells me they make a huge difference.

      http://www.amazon.com/Red-Highways-Liberals-Journey-Heartland/dp/0979482275/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222216514&sr=8-1

      Hope you can make it if you haven't already.

      Thanks,
      Rose

      http://booktour.com/author/rose_aguilar

      Rose Aguilar's new book Red Highways is about a six-month road trip
      she took to the so-called "red states" to interview people about the
      issues they care about and why they vote the way they do (or not).
      Along the way, she met an evangelical conservative bishop who now
      preaches inclusion in Tulsa, OK, a woman who changed her politics
      after running a domestic violence shelter in Jackson, MS, a hunter in
      Montana who is thinking about leaving the conservation movement to
      fight for gay rights in Montana, and green Republicans. Equal parts
      travelogue, political reportage, and personal discovery, Red Highways
      challenges conventional wisdom, gives a voice to the people you rarely
      hear from or see in the media, and calls for a more thoughtful and
      productive dialogue between Red and Blue America. Now that the
      election is over, it's time to build coalitions!

      Tuesday, November 11, 7:30 PM
      First Congregational Church of Berkeley
      2345 Channing Way, Berkeley CA

      Wednesday, November 12, 7:00 PM