California Critical next few days for 20 million animals

  • scott munson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      From: "Nora Kramer" <norakramer@...>
      Date: October 31, 2008 9:45:22 AM PDT
      To: sfbaveg@yahoogroups.com, "BAARN Animal Rights" <baarn@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: [baarn] Critical next few days for 20 million animals

      Hi everyone,

      I've been involved in Prop 2 (before it had a number) for over a year
      now, and I can't believe how far we've come! We've reached the final
      few days in great shape to get this passed!

      This next few days will be critical for getting the word --and the
      vote -- out about Proposition 2. Many voters will just vote for Obama
      and not bother with the propositions, or don't know much about Prop 2
      and may be swayed by the opposition's commercials. It is up to us to
      change this!

      Even if -- especially if -- you haven't been involved in Prop 2 thus
      far, now is the time! Not only will the passage of Prop 2 help 20
      million animals, it will send a critical message to agribusiness
      throughout the country that it is not OK to raise animals in the
      cheapest ways possible without any regard for their wellbeing. On the
      other hand, if it does not pass, it will send the opposite message --
      that we are not there yet. This would be devastating not just for
      those animals but for the animal movement, killing our momentum after
      thousands of volunteers and millions of dollars have been devoted to
      this effort.

      Your participation in the next few days will help!

      Ways you can help:
      -Tell/email everyone you know to vote YES on Prop 2.

      -Hold a sign at a busy area -- a BART station or busy intersection.
      For those of you who have any nervousness about talking with people,
      this is a perfect way for you to help.

      -Hand out leaflets in a busy area. My "line": Vote YES on 2; it helps
      20 million animals!" I just say it over and over. Sometimes I stick in
      a "Vote YES on 2; it's sponsored by the Humane Society" or a "Vote YES
      on 2; it's endorsed by the Democratic party." This is WAY easier than
      gathering signatures!

      I can schedule you in a spot where people are needed in SF.

      You can get signs and leaflets at the CA Democratic Party office at
      939 Market St in SF. If you live outside SF, you can get flyers from
      people in your area -- see below.

      Alameda County
      To get your fliers contact Isabella LaRocca at 510-704-9521 or
      Adrienne Guy at 510-872-5570.

      Contra Costa County
      To get your fliers contact Shani Campbell at 925-819-6752 or Karla
      Koebernick at 508-769-8769.

      Marin County
      To get your fliers contact Kate Danaher at 415-847-9748.
      San Francisco
      To get your fliers go to 939 Market St. or contact Karin Olsson at
      443-812-6267.
      San Mateo County
      To get your fliers contact Robin Gage at 650-740-9339.
      Santa Clara County
      To get your fliers contact Ryan Frazier at 408-656-5623 or Lauren
      Ornelas at 530-848-4021.
      Then, Tuesday night, join us for the victory party at the SF- SPCA!

      Thank you for making a difference for 20 million animals, and for
      animals all over the country whose lives will be impacted by the
      passage of Prop 2.

      Nora
      415-710-7351

      --
      "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the
      way its animals are treated."