free raw vegan Thanksgiving lunch at Cafe Gratitude + Update on new Cafe

  • scott munson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008
      From: sunny outdoors <sunny_outdoors@...>
      Date: November 4, 2008 7:00:48 PM PST
      To: sf living <SFLivingFoods@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [SFLivingFoods] free raw vegan Thanksgiving lunch at Cafe
      Gratitude + Update on new Cafe

      free raw vegan Thanksgiving lunch at Cafe Gratitude

      On Thanksgiving Day, it's an organized annual event,

      Food served only at the Harrison, Berkeley and Healdsberg Cafe

      11-3pm

      The meal is usually pate with crackers, salad, drink and a "pumpkin pie"

      In the old days the wait is not too bad. But to many people, a wait
      is a bit too long, If you arrive as a "single" you can get a seat a
      bit faster.

      As usually it's better to give than to take. If you can volunteer
      they would like servers and prep folks. EVen the staff members
      volunteer at the event. I'm not sure if the dish washer is doing 3000
      dishes for free that day.

      My friend had a great time volunteering and recommends everyone to try
      it out. If you are shy about volunteering yourself, I can connect you
      with other folks. Ms I. E. wanted to volunteer last year but she
      changed her mind last minute.

      I won't be able to make it cause I have a family committment. I'll
      be throwing up internally, while watching my family eat prime rib that
      day. They are not a big meat eater, but on Thanksgiving it's a
      "special" meal..

      ==

      The new Cafe Gratitude on 18th and Mission might be ready in 5 months
      or so.
      The new name is Gracias Madre means "Thank You Mom"

      wow, I look forward to the great organic salas.... that they're going
      to serve
      ==

      by the way, Cafe Gratitude serves totally vegan food.
      They no longer have honey mustard dressing...

      The only non vegan item they have is their beeswax birthday candles
      for sale.... I am sure fairly sure, soy based candles will be sold
      instead.

      Oh yea, do not use your cell phones at this places plus other
      respectable dining places

      --

      any plans for a RAW THankgiving event for Living Foods folks?
      sign, Sunny

      Why Vote Yes on 2!
      Humane Treatment of Your Meat...
      cartoon:
      http://uncaged.yesonprop2.com/

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMyqvEhpL5c&NR=1

      "How's It's Made" - Hot Dogs
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhwXPsTaRgc

      ------------------------------------

      Your friend can subscribe to this list, by sending a blank email to:

      SFLivingFoods-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      If you already subscribe to this email list, you can post a message by
      sending your posts to:

      SFLivingFoods@yahoogroups.com

      To find more information about our group

      http://living-foods.com/sflife
      Call the Sproutline at 415-751-2806 to check for up to date events and
      any last minute changes.

      Yahoo! Groups Links