My New Book & Upcoming Readings

  • Rose Aguilar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008
      Hi all,

      My new book Red Highways is slowly coming out. Here's the description:

      A San Francisco radio host grown tired of media stereotypes, Rose
      Aguilar held an auction to raise money, bought a van, and set out on a
      six-month road trip through the red-state South and West to find out
      what voters there really care about. Equal parts travelogue, political
      reportage, and personal discovery, Red Highways challenges
      conventional wisdom and calls for a more thoughtful and productive
      dialogue between Red and Blue America.

      Being vegan on this trip wasn't easy!

      Here are my upcoming readings. I hope you can make one and please
      spread the word!

      You can check this site for updates:

      http://booktour.com/author/rose_aguilar

      Wednesday, October 15, 7:00 PM
      A Great Good Place for Books
      6120 LaSalle Avenue, Oakland, CA
      More info | Email to a friend

      Saturday, October 18, 1:30 PM
      Copperfield's Books
      140 Kentucky St., Petaluma, CA, 94952
      More info | Email to a friend

      Thursday, October 30, 7:00 PM
      Books Inc. Opera Plaza
      601 Van Ness, San Francisco, CA 94102
      More info | Email to a friend

      Monday, November 03, 7:30 PM
      Capitola Book Cafe
      1475 41st Avenue, Capitola , CA, 95010
      More info | Email to a friend

      Thursday, November 06, 7:30 PM
      Booksmith
      1644 Haight Street, San Francisco, CA, 94117
      More info | Email to a friend

      Saturday, November 08, 4:00 PM
      Oregon Convention Center
      777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland, OR
      More info | Email to a friend

      Friday, November 14, 7:00 PM
      Westminster Hills Church
      27287 Patrick Avenue, Hayward, CA
      More info | Email to a friend

      Saturday, November 15, 6:00 PM
      San Francisco City College
      50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA
      More info | Email to a friend

      Thanks,
      Rose

      Reporter & Host, KALW 91.7 FM in San Francisco
      Your Call - 11:00 am - Noon PST -- now on KUSP 88.9 FM in Santa Cruz
      500 Mansell Street
      San Francisco, CA 94134
      office: 415.841.4121
      http://www.yourcallradio.org/

      My new book, Red Highways, is on its way to your local bookstore!
      http://booktour.com/author/rose_aguilar