RE: Re: "Foie gras producer would be victim (sic) of ban on product"

  • Julie Dull
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004
      Related article:

      <http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/8826082.htm>
      http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/8826082.htm

      Julie A. Dull
      Cell 650-219-9896

      "If humans were true carnivores, a child left in a room with a bunny and
      an apple would eat the bunny and play with the apple." - Albert
      Einstein, 1879-1955
      "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us
      as equals."
      - Sir Winston Churchill
      Free Farm Animals from Cruelty, Cannibalism, Confinement and Drugs:
      http://www.factoryfarming.com/gallery.htm

      The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be
      indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity."-----George
      Bernard Shaw
      Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. -
      Albert Einstein
      Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
      - Albert Einstein

      #5, adequate pictures and video footage exists to demonstrate the
      deplorable conditions these animals are kept in, so I would have to
      argue that the producer of this "product" is well aware of the situation
      they are kept in, and is not being tricked.

      So who again is the victim? I am wondering what "dictionary" you may be
      referring to.

      And as for your first contention, diners for the most part are
      completely unaware of the source of their food and would decide in a New
      York minute never to touch foie gras if the San Jose Mercury News had
      the backbone ("Firmness; moral principle; steadfastness") to publish
      even one picture of a man holding down a duck while forcing a 12" tube
      down its throat.
      Articles such as yours merely cause a furor and raise the plight of the
      animals to an even higher level of consciousness. These are defenseless
      creatures. Try explaining that to your children while you also explain
      how its not nice to pull the cats tail.

      Actually I should be glad you wrote this; now I can email all my friends
      at our big campus in Santa Clara (thousands of them, in fact) a link to
      the www.nofoiegras.org and www.gourmetcruelty.org websites first thing
      Monday morning; they all read your paper because it is sold in our
      lunchroom.

      Sincerely,

      Julie A. Dull
      1043 Crestwood Drive