ProMeris flea and tick warning

  • Scott Munson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2008
      ProMeris flea and tick warning

      To subscribe to Bay Area Animal Rights Network please send blank email
      to: baarn-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      atured@yahoogroups.com

      ProMeris flea and tick warning
      Guess this is a "heads up" about a new product on the market called
      Promeris, manufactured by Ft. Dodge.

      This is a very important message to my family & friends who have
      dogs-cats--and to alert you to the hazard of using a new Flea & Tick
      Preventative called ProMeris http://www.promeris .com/consumer

      This is a new product designed to be a more effective product than
      other flea/tick treatments that was just released this year. It is
      available
      thru a vet and not currently on-line. I got ProMeris this week for my 7
      dogs (6 Huskies & 1 Golden-Airedale) , and the results were
      debilitating for nearly all of them-including me. Since my incident this
      week, my vet has pulled it from distribution and alerted the
      manufacturer, Fort Dodge .

      Here are my results: Within less than 2 hours after applying, 4 of my
      dogs had vomited from 2-4 times, 3 were disoriented and stumbling, 1
      was dragging his back leg, 1 was salivating. I had very similar
      symptoms like an allergic reaction-my lips were swollen, eyes very
      red, mucous membranes such as eyes, nose, and mouth were stinging. I
      was very disoriented- dizzy equilibrium and not able to drive. To make
      this a short story-all 7of my dogs were admitted to the hospital for
      veterinarian care, and 3 of them remained for care, IV fluids and
      observation for 24 hours. I was in the emergency room. I'm home now
      and so are the dogs.
      We're all feeling much better. Vet bills were over $2,500 and Fort
      Dodge is paying for these. Not only can the product cause this
      reaction, it has a highly noxious odor that permeated the house and is
      just starting to dissipate after 3days.
      Your dogs/cats might not have the same reaction, but given my
      experience-I wanted to help you all become well-educated about the
      product.
      Kathryn L. Leinthall
      Kalein T Welsh Terriers

      Janet
      Vice President
      Rescue Alliance of Hairless & Other Breeds, Inc.
      http://www.rescuealliance