Cesar Chavez Celebration on Apr. 11 in Berkeley Ecology Center

  • carmen_cebs
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2008
      Celebrating Cesar Chavez and the Farmworkers' Movement
      Friday, April 11, 2008

      Come celebrate the life and legacy of Cesar Chavez. We will be
      screening the Cesar E. Chavez Foundation film "Common Man, Uncommon
      Vision: The Cesar Chavez Story" and "Immokalee: From Slavery to
      Freedom," which documents the current actions of a Florida union to
      end the inhumane conditions experienced by farmworkers who grow and
      harvest the food used by the fast-food industry. We will hear from a
      local expert or two on current food justice issues and information
      will be on hand about the movement today and current campaigns to
      protect workers and the environment. The evening will also include
      tasty organic snacks to accompany the film screenings!

      Time: 7pm - 9pm
      Location: Ecology Center, 2530 San Pablo Ave, near Dwight Way,
      Berkeley.
      Cost: Free.
      Info: 510-548-2220 x233.